Here are 10 helpful tips you can try:
1. Be Still- Sometimes you have to slow down and find some quiet time for yourself. It is imperative that you learn to make time, even when you feel there is none. Make yourself a priority. Whether it's an hour a day or one day of the weekend...you decide how much time you need.
2. Disconnect- Sometimes you have to disconnect from people, places and things so that you can regain clarity. Shut your phone off completely or stop answering (non-emergency) phone calls. Give the internet a break for a while. Decide to stay in this weekend. Spend some time with yourself. You'd be surprised how relaxing and enjoyable alone time can be.
3. Breathe- Relax your body, mind and spirit by taking slow and steady deep breaths in a quiet place. Meditate, pray, or even take a nap for a change. Stress wreaks havoc on the body. If you don't have your health and strength, then you have nothing and you're no good to anyone!
4. Identify your stressors- Calmly analyze your life and identify the areas that are causing you the most stress. Once you have identified the stressors, think of ways to reduce the stress level. Perhaps you need to get more organized, manage your time better, or even let go of some people or things. You alone know what's causing you stress.
5. Remember, this is your life!- Sometimes we lose sight of the fact that we are the main characters in our story. You are more in control of your life than you think. Figure out, or remember what YOU want out of life and then focus only on that. Never lose sight of what you want for yourself in this life. Don't allow yourself to get side tracked by distractions.
6. Pamper yourself- Often times we give so much of ourselves to our jobs, friends, mates and family. So much so, that we are left exhausted and neglected. There are many ways to pamper yourself. Treat yourself to a movie, take a bubble bath with relaxing music, get a mani / pedi, buy yourself something nice...etc. There are many ways, choose one or more and enjoy!
7. Have fun!- When was the last time you had some fun? Do you even know how to have fun anymore? Get up and dance to your favorite song! Call a friend who makes you laugh. Go with a friend or even alone (if you dare) to sing karaoke, bowling, a game or a new restaurant. Do this regularly. Life is meant to be lived and enjoyed, not stressful and painful.
8. Take better care of yourself- Make the decision to eat healthier, take some vitamins, reduce or cut out completely, bad habits that negatively impact your health. There's no time like the present.
9. Stop being so hard on yourself- Give yourself a break. You're only human after all. We have to stop beating ourselves up and putting so much pressure on ourselves. Give yourself some credit for all of your effort and hard work. Learn to acknowledge and commend yourself for a job well done.
10. Love yourself- Some of us don't even know what this looks like and yet we love others with such fortitude and effortlessness. It's the kindness, patience, attention, affection, time...all of that and more that we give to others. We must learn to give the same to ourselves and really mean it and really feel it. Learn to fall in love with yourself! For no one knows how to love you, better than YOU!